The legal bit. It’s quite boring, but tells you lots of important stuff about your rights ‘n’ that. You should give it a once over before you place an order with us.
This website is owned and operated by Little House in Town. Our office address is Win’s Cottage, Upper Honey Hook Farm, Lambston, Pembrokeshire, SA62 3NR.
The terms ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ refers to Little House in Town. The terms ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our website. ‘Goods’ refer to any products that Little House in Town make available for sale through this website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, content, images and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- 1. Orders
All prices are quoted in pounds sterling and include UK VAT.
We use a third party payment gateway for our secure online payment processing. You are required to supply your name, billing address, delivery address and email address details to process an order.
By submitting the electronic order form you are making an offer to purchase goods, which if accepted by us, will result in a legally binding contract. Once the order is placed you will receive an email confirmation that the order has been received and is being processed. The order confirmation is not a guarantee that the goods will be supplied.
We reserve the right to cancel your order if we have insufficient stock, do not deliver to your area or the product was listed at an incorrect price. In the rare case that we cannot fulfil your order we will notify you of the order cancellation via email within five working days.
We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of so refusing or by reason of refusing or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- 2. Delivery
- Delivery costs will be added at checkout where possible, and depend on size, weight, and delivery address of the order. For larger items, you may be required to contact us for a quotation prior to ordering.
- If your delivery address is outside of the UK, you may be required to pay import duties and taxes when your Little House in Town order reaches your country. These, and any additional charges for customs clearance, are your responsibility.
- Little House in Town will notify you by way of email when your goods are to be dispatched to you. The message will contain details of estimated delivery times in addition to any reasons for a delay in the delivery of the Goods purchased by you.
- If Little House in Town receives no communication from you, within 7 days of delivery, regarding any problems with the Goods, you are deemed to have received the Goods in full working order and with no problems.
3. Returns Policy
Little House in Town aims to provide accurate description of the quality of Goods sold on this website. Due to the vintage condition of many of the items we sell, it is likely they will show signs of age or have flaws, which we will describe to the best of our knowledge on this website. On occasion however, goods may need to be returned, due to a fault or due to damage during delivery. Returns are governed by these Terms and Conditions.
- If you receive Goods which do not match those that you ordered, unless accompanied by an explanatory note detailing the changes, stating reasons for the changes and setting out your options, you should contact us within 10 days to arrange collection and return. Little House in Town is not responsible for paying shipment costs, but will refund any original shipping charges. You will be given the option to have the Goods replaced with those ordered (if available) or to be refunded through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods. Refunds and replacements will be issued upon our receipt of the returned Goods.
- If any Goods you have purchased have faults when they are delivered to you, you should contact Little House in Town within 7 days to arrange for return. Little House in Town is not responsible for paying shipment costs. Goods must be returned in their original condition with all packaging and documentation. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods and the original cost of shipping, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.
- If Goods are damaged in transit and the damage is apparent on delivery, you should sign the delivery note to the effect that the goods have been damaged. In any event, you should report such damage to Little House in Town within 48 hours to arrange return. Little House in Town is not responsible for paying shipment costs. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods and the original cost of delivery, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.
- You have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. This period begins once your order is complete and ends 7 working days after the Goods have been delivered. If you change your mind about the goods within this period, please inform Little House in Town in writing (email or post) within 7 days of receipt. You are responsible for paying shipment costs if Goods are returned for this reason.
- If you wish to return Goods to Little House in Town for any of the above reasons, please contact us to make the appropriate arrangements.
- Little House in Town reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any returns under these Terms and Conditions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
- Any use or enjoyment that you may have already had out of the Goods;
- Any characteristics of the Goods which may cause them to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- Any discounts that may have formed part of the purchase price of the Goods to reflect any lack of quality made known to the Customer at the time of purchase.
Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of UK Law.
- Little House in Town makes no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Services.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- Whilst Little House in Town uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all Users are advised to take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
18. Changes to the Service and these Terms and Conditions
Little House in Town reserves the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If Little House in Town is required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions relating to sale of Goods by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
19. Availability of the Website
- The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- Little House in Town accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
20. Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Little House in Town accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and its Content at their own risk.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Little House in Town’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Little House in Town.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Little House in Town’s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect delivery of Goods or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Website.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these Terms and Conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
21. No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
22. Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
23. Third Party Rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and Little House in Town.
- All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to Nicola@littlehouseintown.co.uk. Such notice will be deemed received three days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- Little House in Town may from time to time send you information about our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please uncheck the box at the checkout, or use the ‘unsubscribe’ feature present in all our email communications.
25. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and Little House in Town shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales. Little House in Town and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.